Outdoor blinds transform your alfresco areas into year-round entertaining spaces. To get the most out of your Ziptrak outdoor blinds and ensure maximum longevity, regular cleaning and maintenance is essential. At Supreme Shades, we supply and install a large range of industry leading outdoor blinds from Ziptrak. Here’s our guide to caring for your outdoor blinds.
What Are Ziptrak Outdoor Blinds?
Known by many names including alfresco blinds, pergola blinds, veranda blinds and bistro blinds, outdoor blinds by Ziptrak are designed by a team of Australian engineers. Offering superior quality and functionality without compromising on style, they seamlessly integrate into any outdoor space with no zips, cords, ropes or wires. Spring loaded for simple and easy operation, the fabric is held inside a channel so there is minimum movement and no noisy flapping.
How Often Should I Clean My Ziptrak Blinds?
Outdoor blinds are continually exposed to the elements so it is recommended that you clean your Ziptrak outdoor blinds every 6 months, or when daylight savings starts and ends. This will allow for the regular removal of dirt and debris so that it cannot damage or stain your blinds. Here are some important cleaning tips:
- Use a soft cloth and cold, soapy water.
- Avoid scratching the PVC material with abrasive cleaners.
- Never use bore water to clean the material, or allow bore water sprinkler systems to hit the blind.
- Do not use a high pressure hose.
- Do not use full strength window cleaning detergents or soaps.
- Ensure bird droppings, dirt or debris are removed as soon as noticed.
- Always allow the blind to dry before rolling up, ideally PVC blinds should be dried with a cloth after washing.
What Else Can I Do to Keep My Ziptrak Blinds in Great Condition?
Ziptrak blinds are a big investment so you will want them to last as long as possible. There are a few things you can do which will help keep your blinds looking their best and operating properly:
- Leave the blinds down as often as possible and locked at the bottom. This allows the material of the blind to rest, and appropriately adjust to weather conditions.
- During high winds leave your Ziptrak blinds either fully retracted onto the top tube, or fully down and locked at the bottom.
- Avoid rolling up blinds when they are wet or have condensation on the surface. Moisture within the rolled up blind material may cause mould to form which can damage or discolour your blinds.
- Do not use insecticides or garden sprays near the blind material.
Ziptrak outdoor blinds add a touch of style to your entertaining area whilst adding value and versatility to your home. Properly caring for your blinds will keep them looking their best and will ensure you can continue to use them for years to come. For more advice on maintaining your Ziptrak blinds or for a free measure and quote, contact the team at Supreme Shades today. A family-owned business, we specialise in installation of Ziptrak outdoor blinds to residential and commercial customers throughout Perth.